4th of July Sales!
J.Crew is offering 50% off sale styles plus 40% off full priced styles. Perfect excuse to stock up on basics like this t-shirt ($9 with the sale), or this classic blue blazer. I also love this pink embroidered caftan and see myself wearing it around the house year-round.
4th of July Style!
I was reading Ina Garden's (aka the Barefoot Contessa, aka my culinary idol) blog this morning and found her 4th of July Menu. I'm definitely planning on using some of these recipes if I end up throwing a small gathering on Thursday.
Feeling inspired by Ina, I thought I'd do an extra post this week highlighting some great finds I've found for the 4th! A lot of them have expedited shipping through Amazon prime so if you're like me and didn't plan ahead, you can still look adorable.
1. This straw bag is amazingly from Target! It's really cute and looks to be a fair bit bigger than the cult gia one I have.
2. How awesome are these fish placemats? The 4th always makes me think of summers in Nantucket so these would be perfect for me!
3. I love these earrings and have been wearing them on repeat since I designed them! They dress up any outfit
4. If you're on the fence about the headband trend, this one rings in at the perfect price point to try it. At just under $10, it's totally worth a try! I love it styled with a fun blue and white dress (this is like the blue version of the one Julia Roberts wore to polo in Pretty Woman)
5. I've seen a few people post about this dress and give it insane reviews. As a big fan of blue, I'm pretty partial to this color but there are so many different options! And it's under $30! I'd wear it with some flat raffia sandals and the straw bag above!
6. I've been a fan of the mermaid earrings since I designed them too! They have so much dimension (the pearls don't all lay flat) and I get SO many compliments on them. They're a 4th of July accessory you can wear year round which makes them worth splurging on.
7. This striped t-shirt is currently on sale for $17 and I really couldn't think of a better shirt for the 4th. I wear a TON of striped shirts so this is something I'd wear all the time. It's great with jeans and cute flats once the weather gets colder too
8. I had a minor freak out when I found this pouch because I have a strange obsession with lobster rolls. They're one of the greatest foods out there. I'd probably use this as a clutch but most other (normal) people would see it as a makeup bag.
9. These earrings are so lightweight and fun. They were a bestseller last fall and I've reimagined them for spring with big gold flowers.
10. I feel like these shorts would be very useful and I'd get a ton of wear out of them (they come in 8 other colors and are under $30). I'd love them with a navy striped sweater and classic sneakers.
Want more 4th of July Picks? Scroll through the slides below!