If I could dress in head-to-toe blue, I would. Actually, come to think of it, I actually do wear exclusively blue on a regular basis...like three times a week. It's my favorite color and one I naturally gravitate towards. Like all good children, I blame my mother for this color obsession (she's even worse than I am about wearing all blue).
Blue really is one of the best and most magical colors. It comes in endless shades, from the palest whisp of a cloud to a midnight navy that almost borders on black. It goes well with everything (perhaps why blue jeans are always in style) and has a wonderfully calming effect. So this Wednesday, I draw inspiration not from a tropical destination or a historic jewelry motif, but my favorite color. If you're a fellow blue lover, let me know what draws you to the hue in the comments below!
1. A good friend sent me this dress yesterday morning. It's from Dillards which surprised me, mostly because I hate going to the mall. I love the Portuguese tile pattern. This dress would be great for the 4th with a wide brim hat like this packable one from Tuckernuck! I'd wear it during the day with my favorite Sam Edelman sandals or dress it up at night with these nude block heels (if they don't have your size, try here).
2. I'm terrible about drinking water during the day. I bought one of the Bkr water bottles a few months ago and I drink so much more water. It's amazing how much more I crave water when I'm drinking out of glass instead of plastic. Plus, they're really cute! I have the 500ml size because I have tiny hands but have been considering getting the 1L version anyway.
3. I love a good coffee table book and this one packs a great graphic punch. The photos inside also look like they'll transport you to summer on a cold dreary day.
4. I was tempted not to list these earrings and keep them for myself. Instead, I decided they were worth sharing with all of you. I think they'd be great paired with a breezy white midi dress, a fun boho striped pashmina, and some fun sandals like this pair (very Carrie Forbes but only $23. If you want the real deal, I love these mint Carrie Forbes ones).
5. I've seen this Free People dress on a ton of different people this spring and for good reason. It's breezy, light, and super flattering. Sizes are limited across the internet but this link had the most options. Update: the dress is now sold out in blue at Nordstrom but I've found a M here and a similar short sleeved option here!
6. These earrings were inspired by the time I spent in Nice visiting the Matisse Museum and surrounding gardens/roman ruins (I went three times. Yes, I'm a nerd). I'd love them paired with a breezy striped sundress like this under $25 option from target, some big sunglasses, and this adorable straw bag!
7. There's a running joke in my family about how much I love blue and white striped shirts. They're part of my everyday style formula and I probably wear a blue striped shirt at least twice a week. This linen one from Madewell is great for summer and looks a ton like a way more expensive version from Rails. I'd pair it with my go-to white jeans (currently 40% off), and a fun pair of flats for work. For the weekend, I'd go a bit more casual with these Levi's (they fit beautifully).
8. I have a pair of these lampshades on my bedside tables and I can't tell you how happy they make me. I always feel better about buying from small businesses on Etsy and the woman who owns this shop is fantastic (she can even do custom sizes!). This is such a great way to add some color and interest to a room and I'm planning on buying more shades from her.
9. My love of all things Amanda Lindroth continues with this pitcher. I think it would be really pretty used as a vase filled with phlox and scabiosa and other summer flowers. Or you could use it for margarita mix on a bar. Either way, it's great looking.
Want more blue? Scroll through the slides below to see more of my favorite blue pieces.